As some of you may know I have just recently moved to Savannah from Chicago. Yeah, I know. Good timing. It hasn’t been the most mild of winters up there. Since being down here however, the one thing on my mind has been warm weather days worthy of sundresses, flip-flops, and of course a bikini.
Swimsuit season is fast approaching and stores are already stocking their shelves with candy colored two-pieces. It can be overwhelming at times trying to find that suit that is going to help you stand out the next time you head to Tybee Island. Lucky for you I have broken down some of the top beachwear trends for this season.
Trend 1: cut outs and straps. There are string bikinis and then there are these. No, they’re not exactly tan-line friendly, but the suit itself is a fun twist on a classic. From bandeaus with nautical straps to halters with crisscross trim to bottoms with geometric side cut outs, these definitely lend some flirty flair to your beachwear.
Trend 2: the shirt. Anyone remember the movie Blue Crush? Of course you do. Those sporty little surf shirts are back, and they’re here to take the guesswork out of choosing the perfect beach top. Try a classic one with long sleeves or show some skin with a cropped one. Whether you actually hop on a surfboard or play a round of beach volleyball this is the way to channel your inner surfer girl. Kate Bosworth would be proud.
Trend 3: bright and bold colors. While neon suits have been a hot commodity for the past few years their pastel counterparts are finally getting their time in the sun. Easter egg hues will be seen far after spring is over and will give your bikini a dose of sweetness during the scorching summer months. Lavender, pink, and butter yellows are the place to start.
Good luck shopping!
- Go Over the Edge this Halloween
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 20-26
- DineSouth = HUGE Success
- 9 Reasons You Absolutely Can't Miss the Biggest Event of the Year
- Barbecue Fountain of Youth
- A Vodka Revolution
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 13-19
- Start Your Engines for the Savannah Speed Classic
- 4 In-Season Fruits for Fall
- Who Is the Ice Queen?
- What You Need to Know About Bottles & Cans
- Top Choice Events for this Week: October 6-12
- Beware of FOMO
- Picnic is an Understatement
- 5 Reasons to Stalk the Cast of Magic Mike XXL This Week
- Oct 21 2014
- Jam Night with Eric Culberson
- Oct 22 2014
- U.S. Air Force Concert Band and Singing Sergeants
- Oct 23 2014
- Buy Local Luncheon
- Video Game Development
- Oct 24 2014
- Dreadful Pestilence: Yellow Fever in Savannah 1820
- Rivers & Glen Trading Co. Announce Grand Opening October 24 in Savannah
- EL GALEÓN ANDALUCÍA VISIT
- Savannah Speed Classic Oct 24-26
- Rooms With A View: Southern Style - Lecture and Luncheon