As some of you may know I have just recently moved to Savannah from Chicago. Yeah, I know. Good timing. It hasn’t been the most mild of winters up there. Since being down here however, the one thing on my mind has been warm weather days worthy of sundresses, flip-flops, and of course a bikini.
Swimsuit season is fast approaching and stores are already stocking their shelves with candy colored two-pieces. It can be overwhelming at times trying to find that suit that is going to help you stand out the next time you head to Tybee Island. Lucky for you I have broken down some of the top beachwear trends for this season.
Trend 1: cut outs and straps. There are string bikinis and then there are these. No, they’re not exactly tan-line friendly, but the suit itself is a fun twist on a classic. From bandeaus with nautical straps to halters with crisscross trim to bottoms with geometric side cut outs, these definitely lend some flirty flair to your beachwear.
Trend 2: the shirt. Anyone remember the movie Blue Crush? Of course you do. Those sporty little surf shirts are back, and they’re here to take the guesswork out of choosing the perfect beach top. Try a classic one with long sleeves or show some skin with a cropped one. Whether you actually hop on a surfboard or play a round of beach volleyball this is the way to channel your inner surfer girl. Kate Bosworth would be proud.
Trend 3: bright and bold colors. While neon suits have been a hot commodity for the past few years their pastel counterparts are finally getting their time in the sun. Easter egg hues will be seen far after spring is over and will give your bikini a dose of sweetness during the scorching summer months. Lavender, pink, and butter yellows are the place to start.
Good luck shopping!
- Mandarin Oriental: Atlanta
- Picnic in the Park 2014
- Lowcountry Legacy: Erica Russo Davis
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 16-21
- In the Studio with Chase Allen
- Goodbye to Sean Haire, A True Renaissance Man
- Tally ho Y’all: Foxhunting in the South
- Island Getaway: Kiawah Island
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 8-14
- Monte Carlo 2014: A Night of Gaming, Glitz, and Glamour
- Oh, What a Night! Savannah’s Fashion Night 2014
- Little St. Simons: Island Getaway
- Top Choice Events For This Week: September 2-6
- United Way Campaign Kick-Off 2014
- Southern Made Products: August-September
- Sep 19 2014
- Savannah Theremin Summit
- Bistro Savoir Interactif
- Friday Night at the Movies ..."Jaws!"
- Sep 20 2014
- Monte Carlo: A Night of Gaming, Glitz, and Glamour
- 2014 Savannah's Women In Business Expo
- YMCA Heart of Savannah 5K and 1 Mile Survivor’s Walk
- Chase the Sun Ultra and Relay
- The Job Experience, My Life is Not Over. Stage Play
- Heart of Savannah 5K, 1 Mile Survivor's Walk & Kid's Run