As some of you may know I have just recently moved to Savannah from Chicago. Yeah, I know. Good timing. It hasn’t been the most mild of winters up there. Since being down here however, the one thing on my mind has been warm weather days worthy of sundresses, flip-flops, and of course a bikini.
Swimsuit season is fast approaching and stores are already stocking their shelves with candy colored two-pieces. It can be overwhelming at times trying to find that suit that is going to help you stand out the next time you head to Tybee Island. Lucky for you I have broken down some of the top beachwear trends for this season.
Trend 1: cut outs and straps. There are string bikinis and then there are these. No, they’re not exactly tan-line friendly, but the suit itself is a fun twist on a classic. From bandeaus with nautical straps to halters with crisscross trim to bottoms with geometric side cut outs, these definitely lend some flirty flair to your beachwear.
Trend 2: the shirt. Anyone remember the movie Blue Crush? Of course you do. Those sporty little surf shirts are back, and they’re here to take the guesswork out of choosing the perfect beach top. Try a classic one with long sleeves or show some skin with a cropped one. Whether you actually hop on a surfboard or play a round of beach volleyball this is the way to channel your inner surfer girl. Kate Bosworth would be proud.
Trend 3: bright and bold colors. While neon suits have been a hot commodity for the past few years their pastel counterparts are finally getting their time in the sun. Easter egg hues will be seen far after spring is over and will give your bikini a dose of sweetness during the scorching summer months. Lavender, pink, and butter yellows are the place to start.
Good luck shopping!
- Genius In Their Field
- Half A Million Lights Over Five Acres
- Caring and Compassionate
- Nothin' Says "Christmas" Like A Hoedown!
- Unique and Knowledgeable
- She Walks The Walk
- 8 Local Gifts For Out Of State Friends
- It's Not The Jewish Christmas
- Passion for Medicine
- Healthier Lifestyles
- It's All In The Family
- Run, Run Rudolph!
- The Laziest Gift Guide for South’s Laziest Savannah Reader
- Holiday Gift Ideas for People Who Have Everything
- Delivering Innovative Pain Management
- Dec 20 2014
- Sea Pines Outdoor Movie- "Polar Express"
- "The Twelve Bars of Christmas" 5k Charity Bar Crawl
- Dec 22 2014
- Sea Pines Christmas Stocking Deliveries
- Dec 23 2014
- Sea Pines Gregg Russell Christmas Concert
- Sea Pines Harbour Town Trolley
- Dec 24 2014
- Christmas Eve Dinner Entertainment Cruise
- Pacci's Christmas Eve "Feast of the 7 FIshes"
- Dec 26 2014
- Sea Pines Caroling Wagon Ride
- Dec 27 2014
- Sea Pines Holiday Fun in Harbour Town
- Dec 31 2014
- New Years Eve "Up The Cup"